Child Savings Plan
A flexible savings plan specially designed to help you put something aside to make your child’s dreams come to life as they grow.
Manufacturer of the product is: MAPFRE MSV Life
It is a precious gift for a child, grandchild or young loved one, and a great way to teach your child about the value of saving. The Plan offers valuable capital guarantees at maturity, and access to part of the savings over the years.
- A With Profits regular premium savings plan.
- It aims to help you save for your child in a flexible manner, adapting to changing circumstances.
- From each regular premium that is paid in, we will deduct the policy charges and the balance will be credited to your Policy Account.
- The Plan participates in our distribution of profits. With Profits investment smoothes the return on your money by spreading the profits over good and bad years.
- The Plan is designed to help your savings grow in a secure and tax efficient manner.
- To provide you with a medium to long term tax-efficient investment and a tax-free cash sum by the time the child is 25 years old.
- To pay a nominal Death Benefit of 101% of the Plan value to you, your estate, or a designated beneficiary upon the death of the Person Covered before the Plan term expires.
- To give you access to some of your savings during the policy’s term which you may use to help you with ongoing expenses related to the child.
- To give you the flexibility of changing the amounts you pay in to reflect your changing circumstances over time.
- You determine the duration of the Plan when it starts, subject to a minimum of 8 years.
- To pay premiums regularly for the selected term of the Plan.
- What you might get back will depend on our investment performance and the bonuses we add.
- The rate of future bonuses is not guaranteed and may change over the years. Your Plan’s value will be less than illustrated if the bonuses declared are lower than illustrated.
- If you cash in your Plan early you may receive less than the value of your Policy Account. This will happen either as a result of surrender charges in the early years, or if we are forced to apply a Market Value Reduction (MVR). A MVR may be applied if the value of our investments falls suddenly, but only if you cash in the Plan before the end of its term.
- Your circumstances may change and force you to cash in your Plan. If you cash in your Plan before the end of the term, you may not get back as much as you invested due to the effect of charges.
- The returns you get on With Profits investments depend on a number of factors, including:
- The return on investments in our underlying With Profits Fund;
- The way we distribute any profits in the Fund;
- Factors beyond our control, such as tax and the effect of inflation;
- Profits and/or losses from non-participating plans (other than unit-linked plans) which are also part of the With Profits Fund;
- The cost of meeting any guarantees that we provide.
- Inflation will reduce the real future value of any cash sum.