MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c.
is the leading insurance company in Malta and a member of the MAPFRE group. The company is listed on the Malta Stock Exchange.
- MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c is both a direct operating company and the holding company of MAPFRE Middlesea Group. MAPFRE Middlesea Group is the largest insurance group in Malta, holding leadership positions in both the life and non-life market.
- Our reputation for expertise, reliability and stability is the result of the collective effort and professionalism of our people and the support of our institutional shareholders, MAPFRE which is the majority shareholder of Middlesea with a 54.56% shareholding, and Bank of Valletta plc which has a shareholding of 31.08%.
- MAPFRE Middlesea plc’s general business operations comprise all the non-life classes of business underwritten in Malta including Motor, Home, Health, Marine, and General Liability. The company’s long term business includes the provision of Group Life protection to its corporate customers. MAPFRE Middlesea sells insurance policies through its own offices and via a network of agents and intermediaries.
- The diversity in the range of products and services we offer is supported through our synergies with MAPFRE. MAPFRE is a major player on the global insurance market with interests spread across five continents, and one of the fastest growing insurance groups in Spain and South America.
- Strong ethical values are fundamental to our business and form the foundation of our corporate culture. Innovation and customer focus are core to our business philosophy.
- We want customers to choose us because they are convinced that we meet their needs effectively and efficiently, because they trust us in providing them with added value and with an excellent customer experience.