Group Personal Accident
Manufacturer of the product is: MAPFRE Middlesea
MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c. (C-5553) is authorised by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) to carry on both Long Term and General Business under the Insurance Business Act. MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c. is regulated by the MFSA.
What is Group Personal Accident Insurance?
Group Personal Accident Insurance protects the insured persons against accidents leading to disability or death. This type of insurance cover is normally offered to employees (by the employer) to protect them against the medical expenses incurred due to injury or death resulting from an accident at the workplace or sometimes even on a 24-hour basis.
As an employer, you may choose what your employees would be covered for, with the following being the most common types of coverages:
- Permanent Total Disablement
- Permanent Partial Disablement
- Temporary Total Disablement
- Medical Expenses
The insured Limits may be based on the following two options:
Fixed Benefit – A lump sum will be agreed upon prior to the inception of the policy
Multiplier Benefit – Limit based on a multiple of the annual salary, most commonly 2 or 3 times the annual salary
- You may choose the area of cover between The Maltese Islands, Europe or Worldwide
- You may also choose the basis of cover between, 24-hour basis or Occupational Basis Only.
Whom We Insure:
- Employees engaged solely in professional, administrative or clerical duties.
- Employees engaged in industries that do not use machinery or tools and do not engage in heavy manual work; Shopkeepers
Whom We Do Not Insure:
We usually do not offer cover for persons / employees engaged or employed in: –
- military, naval or air service or operations, motor cycling, hunting, winter sports, mountaineering or rock-climbing , pot-holing, skin diving, riding or driving in any kind of race or endurance test (or practice therefore) or aviation (other than as a fare-paying passenger in a fully licensed passenger carrying aircraft)
- subaqueous work / activities
the manufacture, storage, filing, breaking down, transport of:
(a) fireworks, ammunition, fuses, cartridges, gunpowder, nitro glycerine or any explosive
(b) gases and/or air under pressure in containers other than butane and the like in low pressure containers.
- war and terrorisim
- radioactive contamination;
- suicide or attempted suicide or intentional self-injury or being in a state of insanity;
- venereal disease or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS Related Complex (ARC) howsoever this syndrome has been acquired or may be named;
- deliberate exposure to exceptional danger (except in an attempt to save human life), or the Insured
- Person’s own criminal act, or the Inured Person being under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
pregnancy or childbirth.