MAPFRE is a global group operating in 47 countries across five continents.
- It is a leader in the Spanish insurance market, and is the number one multinational insurer in Latin America, where it is also a leader in the non-life insurance sector. MAPFRE is one of the 10 largest European groups in premium volume and among the top 20 automobile insurance companies in the United States;
- In the area of Assistance, MAPFRE is the fourth largest insurer worldwide;
- The MAPFRE reinsurance company does business worldwide and is ranked among the top 20 reinsurers globally.
- One of the main Reinsurance & Assistance groups in the World.
- More than 36,000 employees.
- More than 5,300 own branches.
- Close to 70,000 agents and brokers.
- More than 20 million customers.
- Close to 177 million beneficiaries.
In all, MAPFRE has over 23 million clients, employs 36,600 people, has a network of 5,500 offices all over the world, and works with more than 68,000 intermediaries.
In 2013, the group generated total revenue in excess of 25.88 billion euros and posted net income of more than 790 million euros.
The MAPFRE share forms part of the IBEX 35 Index, the Dow Jones Stoxx Insurance Index, the Dow Jones Sustainability: Europe and World Index, the MSCI Spain Index, the FTSE All-Word Developed Europe Index, the FTSE4Good Index and the FTSE4Good IBEX Index.