Manufacturer of the product is: MAPFRE Middlesea
MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c. (C-5553) is authorised by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) to carry on both Long Term and General Business under the Insurance Business Act. MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c. is regulated by the MFSA.
Step 1. How to claim
To facilitate the process of claims settlement, all Health Insurance claim documentation must be submitted via our online form. Make sure you have the following documentation prepared.
- Sending one claim per person in a single form;
- This must include :
- 2.1 a good quality image (s) of the original claim form (scan or photo),
- 2.2 a good quality image (s) of the original receipt and other available relevant medical documentation (scan or photo);
- 2.3 payment details on:
- Payee Name and ID Card:
- Address of Payee:
- Bank Name:
- IBAN number:
- BIC/SWIFT CODE:
The provision of the above information is necessary for us to be able to settle your claim. In line with the Central Bank of Malta’s Directive No. 19 which came into force on 1st January 2022, cheques for amounts of € 20.00 or less cannot be issued.
- Ensuring that no duplicate original documents are submitted afterwards.
- Only at our discretion the original documents may be requested for verification purposes.
This procedure shall remain inforce until further notice is given by MAPFRE Middlesea.
Step 2. Pre-Authorisation of claims
The Policy requires that you contact our office prior to undergo planned hospital admission. This will enable us to guide you regarding eligibility of claims and extent of cover and, where possible, settle claims directly with the hospital concerned. MRI, CT and PET scans on referral by a specialist are also eligible for direct settlement, so it is advisable that you contact us prior to undergoing such Treatment too.
The procedure for Pre-Authorisation is as follows:
- Please send a completed and signed Claim Form supported by all relevant medical documentation.
- Upon receipt of the requisite claim documents, we will contact you with our request for any further documentation, if necessary, or our confirmation of cover.
- In case of an emergency situation or anything to do with claims you may contact us on +356 22480210