Commercial Home Insurance

Call us at

Manufacturer of the product is: MAPFRE Middlesea

MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c. (C-5553) is authorised by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) to carry on both Long Term and General Business under the Insurance Business Act. MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c. is regulated by the MFSA.

Our brand new Commercial Home Insurance policy offers the ideal protection for property owners who rent out their property for domestic purposes. From property damage to liability claims, there are many potential risks that come with owning rental property and that is why we offer the widest cover possible designed to give you the peace of mind you need to manage your investment with confidence.

Protect Your Investment with Our Comprehensive Coverage

We offer cover for:

  • Accidental loss and/or or damage to landlord’s buildings.
  • Accidental loss and/or or damage to contents belonging to landlords and tenants alike.
  • Landlord to tenant and tenant to landlord liability.
  • Landlord/tenant liability against third parties.
  • Tenant rent default.
  • 24/7 Home Assistance and Emergency Services.

Depending on the chosen coverage, the following standard cover will come in force:

  • Temporary alternative accommodation or loss of rent following an insured loss.
  • Mechanical or electrical breakdown to air-conditioning and energy saving equipment.
  • Trace and access cover.
  • Fire extinguishing expenses.
  • Loss or damage to locks and keys.
  • Loss or damage to new fixtures and fittings in the process of being installed.
  • Legal expenses in relation to various specific disputes.
  • Loss of metered water and oil.
  • Damage by emergency services if it is necessary to use force enter or exit a property during an emergency.
  • Cover for garden furniture and equipment within the boundaries of the property.

More information about our Home Insurance can be found here

  • You are covered against loss or damage to the buildings and contents of your home. That excludes fences, gates, paths, drives, hedges, trees, shrubs, flood, plants and lawns, falling trees or branches.
  • We will pay architects’ and surveyors’ charges to repair any loss or damage protected under this policy. We also cover the cost of removing rubble or propping up the damaged parts of the buildings. This comprises the costs of meeting building regulations or local authority bye-laws. Costs which are not agreed by us in advance are not covered.
  • If your home is unhealthy to live in as a result of any loss of or damage insured, we will pay your rent including reasonable additional costs to accommodate your family and pets who normally live in your home, during the period needed to restore your home.
  • If you lose the keys to the inside or outside doors of your home, or to the safes or alarms in your home, or they are stolen, we will either pay the cost of changing parts of the locks, or the charge to replace the locks. Also we cover the accidental damage to the locks of the outside doors, safes or alarms.
  • We cover accidental loss or damage to personal belongings and valuables (anywhere in Malta). We will pay for loss of personal money in Malta and financial loss, proceeding from any credit and debit cards issued in Malta and being robbed or accidentally lost, and consequently used by someone other than you. We do not cover any loss due to confiscation, depreciation in value, or errors or omissions in receipts, payments, or accountancy with credit and debit cards regulations.
  • We will cover you against your legal liability for damages and expenses incurred exclusively as owner, or occupier if anyone, other than you, is accidentally injured, falls ill or dies.
  • In the event of your death, we will also cover your legal personal representatives in respect of your liability covered by this policy.


What is Commercial Home insurance?

Commercial Home insurance is a type of insurance policy that covers the buildings, contents, liability, tenant rent default and Home Assistance and Emergency Services. This insurance cover is ideal for landlords renting out their property for domestic purposes.

What is the basis of the cover of the Commercial Home policy?

Our Commercial Home policy is on accidental damage basis. Therefore any loss or damage which happens suddenly and unexpectedly is considered to be accidental and thus covered under the policy unless specifically excluded.

What happens in case of an emergency?

For emergency home assistance you may call Middlesea Assist on 2248 0200 on a 24/7 basis. It is important that you are able to quote your policy number and your identification. This service may only be requested by the parties named in the Schedule.

Are tenants’ contents insured?

Yes, tenants can also insure their contents by providing the replacement value of their property and paying the appropriate premium.

Is Commercial Home Insurance mandatory by law?

Commercial Home insurance is not mandatory by law but it is strongly recommended for landlords to cover their investment.

Do I need to inform you if the property is unoccupied and unfurnished?

It is necessary that you inform us if your commercial home is unoccupied and unfurnished and also advise for how many days this is usually so.

What happens if someone is injured inside the commercial home?

If someone is accidentally injured whilst in your commercial home it is important that you provide the necessary medical assistance, report the incident to the emergency services and to our offices as soon as possible.

Can tenants be held liable for injuries sustained by others in the commercial home?

Yes, tenants can be held liable for injuries sustained by others from an incident originating within the boundaries of the commercial home if the injuries were caused due to the tenants’ negligence. Our Commercial Home insurance covers tenants’ liability at no additional cost.

Home much does a Commercial Home insurance cost?

The cost of the Commercial Home insurance depends on several factors, including the value of the property insured and the level of cover required (policy sections chosen).

Head Office & Regional Offices