Personal Pension Plan – With Profits
Manufacturer of the product is: MAPFRE MSV Life
- Start saving for your retirement from just €40 a month.
- You can apply for a tax rebate equal to 25% of the amount you save each year, up to a maximum permitted by legislation.
- Supplement your state pension when you retire to maintain your lifestyle when you stop working.
- If your circumstances change, you can change the amount you save, or take a break from saving altogether.
Current legislation states that you will be able to start taking your benefits when you are between the ages of 61 and 70 (or any other age specified in S.L. 123.163 under the Income Tax Act, or any Regulations substituting this legislation). At which time you can choose to receive up to 30% of the fund as a tax free lump sum, with the balance used to provide you with a regular income.
Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances. Tax legislation & the amount of rebate may change in the future. MAPFRE MSV Life p.l.c. (C-15722) is authorised by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) to carry on long term business under the Insurance Business Act, Cap 403 of the Laws of Malta. MAPFRE MSV Life p.l.c. is regulated by the MFSA.
- The Personal Pension Plan (With Profits) is a long term regular savings pension plan investing in the With Profits Fund.
- It allows you to save on a regular basis and to invest additional lump sums at any time in the future.
- Contributions to the Plan qualify for a tax credit for those meeting the necessary eligibility criteria below.
- To build up a sum of money which will be used to provide a tax-free cash sum when you retire and a regular income for the rest of your life, in order to supplement the state pension.
- To help your retirement planning cope with changes in your personal and financial circumstances.
- To invest in the MAPFRE MSV Life With Profits Fund.
- To provide a cash sum to your wife, husband or dependant(s) should you die before retirement.
- To make regular contributions for the life of the Plan.
- To keep the Plan invested until you choose to take your retirement benefits.
- To invest for the long term and to review your contributions on a regular basis.
- If you transfer your Plan early you may receive less than the Policy Account. This will happen either as a result of transfer charges in the early years or if we are forced to apply a Market Value Reduction (MVR). An MVR may be applied if the value of our investments falls suddenly.
- The returns you get on With-Profits investments depend on a number of factors including.
- The return on investments in our underlying With-Profits Fund.
- The way we distribute any profits on the fund.
- Factors beyond our control, such as tax and the effect of inflation.
- Profits and / or losses from non-participating plans (other than unit-linked plans) which are also part of the With-Profits Fund.
- The cost of meeting any guarantees that we provide.
- The rate of future bonuses cannot be guaranteed and may also change over the years.
- Inflation will reduce the real future value of any cash sum.
- When you retire the fund value may be less than illustrated if:
- You stop contributing into the Plan, or reduce contributions.
- Investment performance is lower than illustrated.
- You take your benefits earlier than your selected retirement date – Tax rules change.
- Charges increase above those illustrated.