Motor Claims – FAQs

Call us at

Manufacturer of the product is: MAPFRE Middlesea

MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c. (C-5553) is authorised by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) to carry on both Long Term and General Business under the Insurance Business Act. MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c. is regulated by the MFSA.

What should I do if I am involved in an accident?
  • If the accident is a front to rear collision please complete the front to rear form making sure that you keep a copy of the completed and signed form.
  • If in the accident someone is hurt or injured please call the police authorities and an ambulance, if necessary.
  • For other type of collisions please inform immediately the local wardens on 21320202.
From where can I get a front to rear form?

You can call at our offices or at your tied insurance intermediary to collect your front to rear form and keep it handy in your vehicle.

Who decides who is to blame for the accident?

Responsibility for the accident is decided by our offices. Please do not admit liability at the scene of accident.

When can I repair my vehicle?
If you are comprehensively insured our surveyor will inspect your damaged vehicle at an approved repairer of your choice. Subject to submission of all the requested documentation and policy excess, repairs will be authorised by our offices following surveyor’s approval of costs. Parts will also be ordered directly by our offices.

If I am not to blame for the accident, do I still need to pay the policy excess?
For us to handle your claim and pay the repair bills of your damaged vehicle you need to pay the applicable policy excess. However, if it is decided that you are not to blame we will eventually refund your excess when we recover our claim outlay from the party to blame.

What should I do if I receive a legal or judicial letter?
In that case please notify our offices immediately and copy us with same letter. Do not reply or acknowledge this letter.

For any further information please do not hesitate to contact our offices.