Home Insurance – FAQs

Manufacturer of the product is: MAPFRE Middlesea

MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c. (C-5553) is authorised by the Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) to carry on both Long Term and General Business under the Insurance Business Act. MAPFRE Middlesea p.l.c. is regulated by the MFSA.

What is the basis of cover of the home policy?
Our home policy is on accidental damage basis. Therefore any loss or damage which happens suddenly and unexpectedly is considered to be accidental and thus covered under the policy unless specifically excluded.
Can I insure a property I own which is used for letting purposes?
Of course, however you need to inform us that the use of this home is for commercial purposes.
What happens in case of home emergency?

For emergency home assistance you may call Middlesea Assist on 2248 0200 on a 24/7 basis. It is important that you are able to quote your policy number and your identification.

What happens if someone is injured inside my house?
If someone is accidentally injured whilst in your home it is important that you provide the necessary medical assistance, report the incident to the police and to our offices as soon as possible.
Can I insure my bicycle or sports equipment?
Your pedal cycles and sports equipment is covered for loss or damage whilst in Malta and up to the limit specified in the schedule.
What kind of valuables can be covered?
Valuable which can be insured are stamp, coin or medal collections, antiques (not including furniture), collectibles, pictures, paintings and other works of art, items of gold, platinum silver or other precious metal, jewellery, watches and furs. It is important that you specify any items which value is over € 300.00.
Do I need to inform you if the property is unoccupied and unfurnished?
It is necessary that you inform us if your home is unoccupied and unfurnished and also advise for many days this is usually so.

Head Office & Regional Offices